The 10-step Korean skincare regimen is a comprehensive and thorough approach to skin care that has become popular globally. It includes the following steps:
- Oil-based cleanser: Start by removing makeup and other impurities with an oil-based cleanser.
- Water-based cleanser: Follow up with a water-based cleanser to deep clean the skin.
- Exfoliator: Use a gentle exfoliator or chemical exfoliant to remove dead skin cells and unclog pores.
- Toner: Apply a toner to balance the skin’s pH level and prepare it for the next steps.
- Essence: Use an essence to hydrate the skin and provide nourishment.
- Treatments: Apply treatments such as serums, spot treatments, and eye creams to target specific skin concerns.
- Sheet mask: Use a sheet mask to provide extra hydration and nourishment to the skin.
- Eye cream: Apply an eye cream to hydrate and brighten the delicate skin around the eyes.
- Moisturizer: Finish by applying a moisturizer to lock in hydration and protect the skin’s natural barrier.
- Sunscreen: Apply a broad-spectrum sunscreen with at least SPF 30 every day to protect the skin from sun damage.
While the 10-step Korean skincare regimen may seem extensive, it can be tailored to individual needs and skin concerns. It is important to consult with a dermatologist to determine the best approach to addressing your specific skin concerns and to determine the most effective and safe products to use.